Sunday, March 20, 2011

Relaxation . . . kinda

Friday was a furlough day.
Which means I had the day off, and got no pay for it.
Yay, me!
But the timing was perfect after the really long week.
So my friend MB and I took the opportunity to schedule massages.
And I learned that I don't really relax all that well.
I suppose it's not really all that surprising. Since I don't sleep well and all that jazz.
But when I found myself paying attention to the awkward music that was playing, and thinking things like, "Wow. Someone actually 'composed' this. And decided that adding a bird call right there, at that moment, would really make this song shine." "Who does write this kind of music?" "What instruments do they use?"
Etcetera, etc.
Yep. I'm that ridiculous.
So perhaps I need a few lessons on how to shut my brain down.

3 comments:

  1. Meanwhile...I was in a trance and had forgotten other people were even in the room.

    You're a freak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got to have a massage last friday, too! my first pregnancy massage, but i'm a vet of the regular kind. it still takes me a while to get over the music ... and i never get over the random animal/bird/whale noises. but really, it took me a long time to get used to massages enough to relax, (and not just because of the music.) but it's worth listening to the weird music if the massage helps the nearly every morning (i've been sleeping on my side cuz i'm preggers) headache. =)

    ReplyDelete