Sunday, April 21, 2013

Four Twenty, 2013: The Day of the Wardrobe Changes

Three Wardrobe changes, to be exact.
Or Four, if we're really being honest with ourselves, and I do enjoy being honest.

Yesterday was jam-packed with amazing fun with my dear friend Susan.
We realized last night we have known each other for ten years.
It seems not possible that we have known each other for 'that long,' but that might also be because we spent much of our weekend saying, "is X person/child/etc REALLY THAT OLD ALREADY?"
Time sure does fly.

Susan is one of those friends who I love dearly, but don't get to spend nearly enough time with. However, when we do (finally) get together, it's like no time has passed - even though we've had major life changes in between. She was able to visit Madison for a wonderful long weekend, and I can confidently say we both had an amazing time.

Yesterday we packed in as much as humanly possible, including quite the outfit changes, so I thought I'd give you a snapshot of what you could do if you, too, visited me in lovely Madison, WI.

Because she is a good friend, and an actual runner, we started our day with a run. She ran, and I did my prescribed workout from my friends at LoziLu. It was 25*. Did I mention she's a good friend? But it was sunny, so better than our workout the other day when we ran through a downpour.
Sorry, we forgot to take a photo after our run, so I'll share the one from Thursday.

OUTFIT NUMBER ONE:

After our run, we swapped our running gear for some jeans and warmer clothes to head to the Dane County Farmer's Market - the first farmer's market of the year! I got to introduce Susan to my favorite baked goods from Stella's - we got a little bit of everything I love from there - Hot & Spicy Cheese bread, scones, Cloud Cookies and a cherry turnover. I'm confident they are made with love and sent directly from Heaven. Yep, they're that good.
I didn't take photos of the baked goods. That's just mean. :)
We also helped Susan stock up on some tasty cheese goods from Wisconsin.
So here we are walking around the Square, enjoying the sunshine and the beautiful Capital.

OUTFIT NUMBER TWO:

After the Farmer's Market we rushed to get ready for Brunch at Sardine. We had an amazing breakfast before going to see my friends Alicia and Mitch get married. She was a gorgeous bride, he was a handsome groom, and the ceremony was beautiful. Hence the need for:

OUTFIT NUMBER THREE:

After the ceremony we were able to squeeze in a trip to Anthology, my favorite local store stocked with all things crafty, fun and Made in Wisconsin. I'm pretty sure it's a favorite of Susan's, too. We stocked up on some goodies and headed home for our last wardrobe change for the day.

We drove to Milwaukee to watch our beloved Cubs play the Brewers at Miller Park. It was the first game in Miller for both of us. Thank goodness the company was great, because the playing by our team was not. However, we had a fabulous time in our Cubbie gear, cheering on our favorite sausages during the sixth inning sausage race. It might have been the best part of the game. Except for our outfits. Including our awesome shoes. Here are a few shots of

OUTFIT NUMBER FOUR:







[Yes, our shoes coordinate with our Cub gear. That's how we roll.]

It was a perfect day, and a great weekend. I am so thankful to live in this wonderful town, and have both new friendships here, and old friends spread around the world. Those that I can call up and say "wanna join me for Fill-In-The-Blank in an hour?" and others that I can call and pick up where we left off days or months or years ago, those who I'm blessed to call my friend, and who will come and visit and let me share the reasons why I love living in Madison.

Who's next? The reservation book is open!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment