Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Small Miracle that looks a little bit like a new blog post!

I'm behind.
I know.
It's a bit of a perpetual battle of mine.
And I've learned that I find jumping back into kelarious to be intimidating. I mean . . . I haven't blogged since August. Which is ridiculous. Not for a lack of topics, but from a lack of putting topics-to-screen in a timely manner. And at this point (and by 'at this point' I'm referring to the past four months or so), it feels like I need to have some sort of grand entrance.
So I'm putting together a list of "things you missed while I was not blogging" or "What I was doing instead of blogging." I'm trying to gloss over the last eight months. Not easy. Especially because I want to add pictures and links and all sorts of fun.
And so I haven't blogged.
But at work today I had some fun conversations that reminded me that A)I'm not a very good blogger - because I haven't written anything in ages and B) "Blogging is like riding a bike." - S. Powell.

So here I am.
Getting back on the bike.

Which is a nice transition to "The Run."

This would be my update for the last month. I've joined some friends and signed up to run the LoziLu Women's Mud Run in Milwaukee. It's a 5K with a bunch of obstacles to climb over, under and through. (www.lozilu.com)
With Mud.
Which Sounds AWESOME.
When I told my boss about it, his response was: "You know, other people who want to run a 5K pick a nice race, in town, on a PATH." My response was, "well, yeah . . . but you've met me, right?"
Yep. Jumping in.
Go big or go home.

So . .. I've started training with the "From Couch to LoziLu in 12 Weeks: A total-body take on the couch to 5k plan." Today I officially began Week 2 of my training workouts. Last week I decided to chronicle my journey via photos and a journal. I thought I'd share today's entry with you as a dive back into the blogosphere.

Thursday, April 11th - Week 2, Day 1, Workout #4
Workout: Walk 6 minutes
Run 2 minutes, Walk 1 minute
Run 2 minutes, Walk 2 minutes
Run 1 minute, Walk 2 minutes
Run 2 minutes, Walk 2 minutes
Walk 10 minutes
30 minutes Total.

Here are some of my thoughts and observations from today:
1. I can do this.
2. I'm really thankful I had the last two days off. I needed that.
3. I can do this, even in the cold and rain.
4. Shite. I'm training for a run in the summer. [June 29th] I hate the heat. Awesome. Perhaps it will be better for my muscles? [She says tentatively and begrudgingly.]
5. This plan to run the same path on the first day of each workout week is good. I'm already seeing progress. YAY!!!
6. I'm really glad I started my "weeks" on a Thursday. Seems apropos for this project. That's how I roll. :)
7. Can I really run this fast?
8. No. Not for that long.
9. Should I have "checked with my physician before starting this workout?"
10. Nope. I can do this. :)
11. Um? What are we to REVOLT against? Must take a picture of this before someone (appropriately) paints over it. It's been stuck in my brain since I saw it a week ago on Day One of this journey. So perhaps this can be considered effective tagging?
12. Holy crap. The lake looks like water again! (Note small portion of lake in upper left of photo). The lake was fully frozen when I started a week ago. Hooray! Spring is on the way!
13. I can do this.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know you were blogging, Kel, but I love it! Keep writing...and walking...and running! It's good for the soul :) - Beber -

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Kelarious is a great name!

    ReplyDelete