Saturday, March 12, 2011

Invigorating

I'm so glad I got out of bed this morning.
Well, to be more exact, I'm glad I got up early and left the house this morning.
I went to a scrapbook gathering with some women from work, who kindly invited me to join them.
Especially since I hadn't actually ever met most of them.
I thought I'd spend a couple of hours working on the photos from my South Africa trip, and then head home to spend the rest of the day on my couch, resting and watching basketball.
I stayed for almost 12 hours - that's 2 meals and 4 1/2 scrapbook pages later, in case you're wondering.
I also learned how to use the Cricut.
I got one for Christmas, and haven't taken it out of the box, until tonight.
It's pretty awesome.
Also?
I spent the day hanging out with some really cool women. They're smart, funny, and kind. They curse, read great books, talk about politics, and share their crafting supplies. They'll also take time out from their projects to help you decide how to organize a page layout.
In other words, they're my kinda people.
And it's nice to meet more of those.
I know a lot of them, but they mostly don't live where I do right now, so it's nice to meet some who do.

They've also inspired me to take the Cricut out of it's box.
Tomorrow I'll actually use it to make my first card.
Check your mailbox.
It could be for you.

2 comments:

  1. yay! so glad you found a great group, and got to work on something you love. =) i would love to find a similar group to hang out with. i have some fantastic ideas for playroom wall art (you know,in case we ever buy house) and i have TONS of quilt work to do ...
    wanna come over? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie! I hope y'all find a house to move into soon so you can play too! And then maybe I can come and visit and we can have a craft date. ;)

    ReplyDelete