Thursday, January 27, 2011

So Many Options, So Little Time

I might have some form of craft-ADD.
Or I come up with too many great ideas.
I regulary think about, and often start, great projects. It's finding the time to finish them that I apparently have a hard time with.

For example, the following are some of the crafty projects that are currently taunting me:
 - a blog to sell my crafty creations
 - cards and calendars, to sell on aforementioned blog
- scrapbook from recent trip to South Africa, not-so-recent trip to '09 presidential inauguration and any general scrapping from the last time I worked on something - I think that was back in '04.
- sewing pajama pants
-knitting a blanket for my bed
- take photos of said cards and put them on blog

Here are some recent ideas I've contemplated [but have been able to hold off on actually doing anything but ponder them]
- new bedspread
- scarfs from funky old t-shirts
- knit scarlet & gray scarf
- more cards and calendars to sell
- V-day cards for friends and family

The list could go on and on. I feel like I come up with something new every day. And then I try to remember that perhaps I should work on the stuff that's already started.
Or? Do some lame household task like washing dishes or doing laundry.
Or finish unpacking my junk that's still in boxes.

Or perhaps I could find some minions to work on the great ideas I come up with. I wonder where I could find some minions, as I think I like this option an awful lot. They could start with unpacking the remaining boxes and cleaning my apartment . . .

3 comments:

  1. it's 7am. I am currently debating:
    - addressing valentines
    - updating new address book
    - working on scarf
    - working on blanket
    - reading photography book
    - ordering last 365 photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. most of what i am contemplating requires my sewing machine, which is currently packed and buried somewhere in crazy basement storage land. right now i have 2 baby quilts in progress to finish before those babies are no longer babies, and 2 more to start and finish before our baby comes, and i want to make a quilt for molly's big-girl bed, and some pillow cases for the kids, and i just started teaching myself digital scrapbooking, so that i can get started on all the millions of kid photos that i have done nothing with yet ... and i'm exhausted and not feeling good and have absolutely no time to even keep up with the laundry. but i can't wait to move and get the sewing machine out, and maybe feel a little better, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, friends, for making me feel better! :) Clearly, we all need some minions!

    ReplyDelete