Sunday, December 12, 2010

You seriously can't make this shite up. For Real.

Today was stressful. But got better after a delicious dinner out (becasue of the condition of the weather and deteriorating road conditions [freezing rain + downpouring of heavy, wet snow], I chose a chocolate milkshake instead of wine) and shopping.

I got home and found a kind check-in email from my boss. Below is the gist, with some edits of my response.

Kind Boss: [Subject of email: Apartment]  Any luck today?

Me: No - I had the opposite of luck today, actually. :(
I then succinctly and appropriately described the previous post (which is of course, not succinct, nor probably appropriate), and suggested that my day didn't go as planned, at all.

Hilarious Boss: Your life is becoming a movie.
I'm pretty sure this is where the kids would say LAUGH OUT LOUD. Because I did, for quite a while. And let's be real  - I totally needed that.

Kelarious Response back: I know, Right? You can't make this stuff up if you tried!

AND THEN TWENTY MINUTES LATER THE POWER WENT OUT.
In the middle of a snowstorm, [and a semi-decent lifetime movie based on a James Patterson novel I read this summer].
For real. No power. It's really freaking cold outside. And? Dark.

As you may have guessed from this post, the power, in fact, did come back on, after about 3ish hours. Hooray! People won't have to sleep with no heat in a crazy winter storm. Though, I did feel prepared since one of my retail-therapy purchases was some long underwear, a brand recommended by a new colleague called "Cuddl Duds." [Looking for some to keep YOU warm? Go to http://www.cuddlduds.com/. I believe that Kohls also sells them.]
I'm going to have to figure out a way to make treats for the RMs who have been getting a million phone calls from their residents all night, and especially my RM, N- who brought me a flashlight. She's a good egg. I spent the last 3 hours continuing to read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Quite good, but the reading will be so much faster now that I can use real light, in lieu of the one candle I brought, and smartly packed with matches, and was thankfully able to find.

** Thought while proofreading this - perhaps this IS a Lifetime movie in the making. Thoughts on what to call it?

No comments:

Post a Comment