Saturday, November 6, 2010

Progress

Don't get excited. I don't have a place to live. Yet. BUT . .. Tonight I navigated the streets of Madison and found a Target. Hooray! This was not as easy as I feel it should have been, however, it happened nonetheless, and I am quite happy for it. Also? Made it home from Target. In the dark. Using side streets. Hooray for progress!

Today I also met a new friend. He introduced me to DB Infusion Chocolates (http://www.infusionchocolates.com/). Amazing. I tried the Cashew Carmel, Cider Carmel (yep . . . I'm a sucker for carmel) and, waiting for me to try is the Pomegranate Malbec. Also had some Mayan drinking chcolate. Amazingly delicious. He kindly bought me some Hot & Spicy Cheese bread from Stella's bakery (which he got from one of the local farmer's markets). It is delicous. I could seriously eat the whole damn loaf. But I'll save a bit of it for tomorrow, when I will drive downtown to find a snazzy place to live.

In addition to all this fun, I also made the decision to invest in a Madison Street map, in lieu of a gps. I've decided that I want to actually know where the hell I'm going, and the only way to figure it out is to drive and pay attention to where I'm going. So I'm learning this new town the old-fashioned way - with a map and a lot of U-turns. :) Wish me luck. I'm confident I'm going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment