Friday, November 5, 2010

Per usual . . .

This week has been .. . well . .. surreal. On Monday, I went to work at my old job, for my last day of work. It was a very busy day, too busy to be sad. Tuesday, I watched total strangers pack up all my belongings, and load them into a semi truck. After saying goodbye to my friends, and dropping off my keys, I hit the road, staying the night in Indianapolis. On Wednesday I drove to Madison, my new home. Hooray for making it safely! Thursday I caught up on sleep, and found a grocery store. That brings us to today.

This morning, my new boss was kind enough to drive me around downtown, near the capitol, the place I think I want to live for awhile. It was very helpful, as I was able to put the area, and some of the places I'm interested in, into context - where they are in relation to campus, the capitol, and the lakes. And they we went to lunch, where I thought it would be nice of me to pay for both of us, since the man has fed me dinner for the last two nights, helped me unload my car, and driven me around for 2 hours. So I took the bill, and laid down my debit card.


Which, of course, the server kindly shared with me, they don't take. Neat. I had some cash, but not enough to cover lunch. So my new boss bought me lunch. He found it hilarious. And now, I suppose, so do I.

1 comment:

  1. I think the scrapbook is your medium, and there are far too few quotes here. Methinks you are an imposter.

    ReplyDelete