Sunday, February 13, 2011

An Open Letter to SNL

I just watched last night’s episode of Saturday Night Live, and I have to say, I’m pretty disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, I thought Russell Brand was pretty funny. His opening monologue? Hilarious. Even the awkward skit about the “Living Single” show was amusing, despite him going a bit overboard. I was also pretty amused by Seth Meyers’ Weekend Update interview with Fred Armisen, as Hosni Mubarak.
However, having Chris Brown perform, on your Valentine’s Day show, no less?
Inappropriate and Unacceptable.
Before his 2nd song, he stated, “this one goes out to all the ladies.” Gross. As Seth and Amy would have said – “Really?”
“Really, SNL?” “REALLY?”
“The man who beat his girlfriend just dedicated a song to ‘all the ladies’?”
“Really Lorne Michaels?”
“REALLY?”
Have you heard about the V-day movement? They are working around the world to end violence against women and girls. Go here to read more. You need the education
I am very disappointed in your choice of musician for this episode. I don’t care that he has an album coming out soon, or that he’s completed his community service sentence. I’ll be honest, I’m a little disappointed in myself for continuing to watch the episode – it’s a rare occurrence, but when I saw that Russell Brand was hosting, I figured I could use the laugh, so I DVRed this show. When Brand announced that Chris Brown was performing, I was shocked, and very unhappy. Normally, I’d just stop watching. But I didn’t. I’m kinda glad I didn’t – it fired me up and inspired me to share. I’m not sure I’ll watch again, given my extreme disappointed with your musical guest choice. I expect more from you.
Extremely Disappointed,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment