Friday, May 13, 2011

The Tulip: Perfect Simplicity

There’s just something about tulips.

I don’t know if it’s their perky demeanor, bright colors or their gorgeous simplicity, but I have always loved tulips.
I think the long winter has only intensified this.
Maybe even turned it into a borderline obsession.
Because when I see them, I want to stop in my tracks, take a little time to admire their perfection, and depending on time, snap a quick photo on the phone.
Luckily, spring has arrived in Madison and is currently offering a gorgeous display for me to work with.


So here’s my homage to the plucky flower: for when you see them, you just can’t help but smile.






See?

1 comment:

  1. i love spring flowers. tulips, daffodils, iris, hyacinth, lilac, flowering fruit trees - i am ridiculously over the moon about them. i love all the colors, and the sign that sunshine and warmer weather is here, and i think the smell of flowers on a bright spring day is honestly one of the best things in this world. =)

    ReplyDelete