Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A New Kind of Incentive Program

I'm completely going to out myself here.
Perhaps bring a little accountability into my life.
And I promised my friend Jill that I would share this with the world.

I need to go to the gym and get back into a workout routine.
I have both the desire and need to go, but apparently those are not enough to actually get me there.
I even attempted to bribe myself with a new Fossil bag I was drooling over.


After obsessively monitoring the price and availability of this cute new tote, I decided that perhaps its purchase could be a two-fold win: a new work bag AND provide some incentive for working out.
So I bought the bag, with the caveat that I wouldn't use it until I went to the gym consistently for a week.

I bought it at least 2 months ago.

I still haven't used it - I like to push the envelope, but I'm also a rule-follower.

However, if we're being totally honest here, I should also mention that in the meantime I found, purchased and am using a totally different bag.
While continuing to stare at this one each morning, thinking I should really get myself to the gym.

The moral of the story? Incentive programs are great.
Kinda.

No comments:

Post a Comment