Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fantastic People-Watching

On Saturday I went to the Capital with my friend MB.
Our plan was to visit the farmer's market and check out the mortocycle parade and rally.
The Harley-fan in me needed to see this.
And I wasn't disappointed.
In fact, my desire to own a bike might have been reignited.
But I digress . . .
So.
The people-watching on Saturday was amazing. And I am confident a mix of people like this can only happen in this lovely town.

1. First, we had the participants, runners and walkers from the 30th Annual Crazylegs Classic - a run/walk to raise money for UW. According to the website it's also a 'much anticipated kick-off to spring.'
If this is the case, let it be known, Madison, that the kick-off has commenced. Spring can arrive ANY DAY NOW.
Digressing again. Sorry.

2. Then we had the folks who came to the square for the Dane County Farmers' Market - everyone from yuppies to hippies and everyone else in between. Love it.

3. Also present (not as close to the capital, but they were quite hard to miss), were the drunken revelers participating in the craziness that is known as the Mifflin Street Block Party.
It might have made me thankful that I wasn't working in res life.
In fact, I started to look up links, and just couldn't do it. So you can search it yourself, should you desire. Let's just say there were loads and loads of very loaded people. Not always wearing enough clothes. And a fascinating open container policy and two stabbings.
Yep - it was kinda a hot mess, and is all over the news, in between a couple of other big things right now.

4. And then there were my favorite folks, the bikers who are supporting Wisconsin Workers via the "Thunda Around the Rotunda" Event.
It.Was.Amazing.
Here's a cool video that someone put together - some great shots from start-to-finish.
I am a total sucker for the roar that emits from a hog. And when they are en masse, it's pretty damn cool.
I probably drooled a little bit.
But that also could have been from Stella's Hot & Spicy Cheese Bread.

What more can a girl ask for on a Saturday afternoon than sunshine, great people-watching, gorgeous Harley's and some of Stella's bread fresh out of the oven?
Not a thing.
[On a side note, now that I've mentioned this bread twice, I should tell you that you can order it online. While I'm sure it's still delicious - you should just come and visit some Saturday, and we can get you addicted to this tastiness.]
And the fabulous people-watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment