Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Meet Madison

A couple of weeks ago I tagged along with a colleague during a photo shoot. We commissioned him to get some shots of local sites [we used these to decorate some furnished apartments]. During his shoot, he gave me a helpful introduction to a 'real' camera (my term, not his), and some great tips.

I got some great shots (if I do say so, myself).

A few of my favorites are below.


I don't know what it is about a row of bikes that screams for me to photograph them, but whenever I see them, I want to pull out my camera. This time, I finally made it happen outside one of our residence halls.
Man skiing across Lake Mendota.
Bascom Hall is home to many administrative offices on campus. It's kind-of a big deal. And is located on top of a ginormous hill - that if you're not used to walking up regularly, will take your breath away.
This is a view of Lake Mendota from inside a study room in the Memorial Union.
State Street is the place to be. Shopping, bars, restaurants - and a straight shot from campus to the capital.
Okay, so the Ugly Dolls really have nothing to do, specifically, with Madison. But I LOVE this window display from Pop Deluxe, a very fun store on State Street. It's one of those places you can just meander through, and find all sorts of things to entertain yourself, and others, with.
The signs they were sporting are laugh-out-loud funny.
This might be my favorite picture from the day. Made especially great after Rob doctored it up a bit. It's a view from a museum store looking out onto State Street. It was a great opportunity to play with the lens.
Our protesters are quite creative. I especially love that about them. We happened to walk around on the same day as the St. Patrick's Day parade. It was a fascinating combination of Irish and Protest. Awesome.
I finally tried Ian's Pizza. It was quite tasty. As mentioned in a previous post, Ian's is very close to the capital, and became quickly entwined with the protests.
Here is a listing of all of the countries that donated money to feed the people.
Who doesn't love a bagpiper? And a whole band of them, no less?

And that, my friends, is a brief introduction into my new city.

No comments:

Post a Comment