Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happiness from Simple Things

I really believe that life is all about the little things. I might have mentioned this idea before. [Normally I’d try and find the link, but it’s late, so, it’s not gonna happen. Fire me.] At any rate, here are some of the little things that made the list this week (and it’s only Wednesday!)
1.       Tulips. They are so simple and gorgeous and humble.
2.       Finding a new episode of NCIS that I haven’t seen yet.
3.       Pink jelly beans (from the bag of brachs original flavor – none of that spicy or sour nonsense for me).
4.       A cool, fluffy pillow waiting for my head to fall on when exhausted.
5.       New music
6.       Finishing a really great book. Even though you now carry the characters with you, and you find yourself thinking throughout the day – I wonder what happened next with –fill in the blank with strong character from great novel – and you want a part two/follow-up/continuation with the characters. And there are none. Yet.
7.       Spring flowers that survived the snow, rain, sleet and hail from yesterday. And are still blooming today. Thank you, daffodils and other flowers that are cute and fragrant, but whose name I cannot recall.
8.       A picture that brings back great memories.
9.       Finding the perfect birthday present for a friend. It’d be even better if I could get my arse to the post office, but then life would be too easy.
10.    Making someone’s day with a Kelly-Kard. [bonus when they appreciate the card and creativity that went into it – but mostly, it’s just pretty cool to surprise people with a pretty card and a kind message. Or a hilarious message. Or whatever message they need. As long as it made their day, I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment