Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl Musings

Some thoughts that crossed my brain during the game:
1. Is there really a Red Carpet event for the Superbowl? Huh. Wow. This gives a whole new meaning to “Pre-Game Show.” Way to milk this game for all it’s worth.
2. Did Christina just get the words to the national anthem wrong? Oops.
3. Hey Grizzly Adams [Insert names of packer player whose name I don’t know, and who apparently hasn’t shaved since June] – isn’t that beard uncomfortable with the chin strap? You don’t need to shave it all off, but maybe you should consider a trim?
4. Touchdown! Hooray!
5. Stink. Our players keep getting hurt. This isn’t good. Though, I do enjoy that one of the announcers suggested “I hope they’re having a team meeting in the locker room.” Amen, dude.
6. Um, Black-Eyed-Peas, what the hell was that? What are you doing? Fergie – WTF? Why is will.i.am wearing that Very Awkward headpiece? I was really excited about you performing, and now I’m just confused. But I do quite enjoy the light-people. Though I’m surprised at the light and sound issues – don’t they do checks for that?
7.  Pepsi Max – Your commercials seem a little violent, friends. Get it together, please. Stop throwing cans at people. Not cool.
8. I might be in a food coma. Shite. Steelers got it together during that extra-long halftime show. 9. “Imported. From Detroit.” Freaking awesome, Chrysler.
10.  4th and goal. Miss. Awesome.
11. “And the smallest town in America wins the world championship.” I had never thought about it before, but Green Bay vs. Chicago or San Francisco or New York. Yep. Pretty impressive, actually.
12. The Lombardi Trophy is coming home. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment