Thursday, February 3, 2011

Saddest. Cookies. Ever.

Before the Blizzaster of 2011,[ i.e., yesterday], I was excited to do some baking this week. I even stocked up and bought fresh supplies to make my Nanny's sugar cookies.
My staff is hosting a Packer Pizza Party tomorrow, a little pre-Superbowl action, if you will.
I was going to use these:
My mom got me them for Christmas last year.
I thought they would be the perfect addition to the party - Green Bay Packer sugar cookies. I even hunted down the appropriate shades of green and yellow sprinkles to use. And then Mother Nature blasted us with a little wintery blast, and I'm too tired to mix up the batch of dough. So I bought some pre-made dough, and figured I'd roll some of it out to at least get the FEEL of the helmet, jersey, and football shapes.
Or not.

There was no way to describe how lame these cookies were. And how devestating it was to open up the oven and see the flatest, mostly indistinct-shaped cookies ever. Sadness. And so I took pictures of them, just to share, because it's too hard to describe. And so I give you Exhibit A:
Please note how much extra cookie is hanging over the sides of the cookie-cutter.

Exhibit B:
Up close and personal with the blob-that-was-supposed-to-be-a-helmet cookie.
Lame.
But? I'm bringing them in anyway. It's the thought that counts, right?
And if nothing else, the colors are right on target! And they're slathered in cream cheese frosting, so . . . Go Packers!


No comments:

Post a Comment