Monday, January 3, 2011

Quality of Life

Recently a friend suggested that I make a decision because it was better for my Quality of Life. I don't remember what it was exactly - since it was a whole two weeks ago - but since then I've tried to keep this concept in mind. And since the few of you who actually read this have requested a post, I thought I'd try and give you the skinny on what's been happening over the last couple of weeks, via a list.

Things that have Greatly Enhanced my Quality of Life (over the last two weeks):
1. Having an address. That I can put on checks and a driver's license, and isn't also my office.
2. Sleeping in my own bed, under my own blankets.
3. DVR. 'Nuff said.
4. Visiting my family over the holidays.
5. Eating my dad's food. Lots of it.
6. Seeing progress in my unpacking.
7. Catching up with some friends over the holidays. Excited to continue that progress.
8. Christmas cards - especially the ones with the cute family photos - and extra-especially those that have new additions to their family this year. Very cute.
9. 75% off Christmas sales.
10. New lamps.
11. New songs from iTunes.
12. Rollerskating with my cousins and aunts. Who knew kids still did that?
13. Despicable Me. Freaking hilarious.
14. Curling up on my own couch. With my blanket.
15. A washer and dryer in my apartment. It's amazing to not have to lug dirty (and then clean) laundry back and forth anywhere beyond my closet.
16. A staff that actually appeared to miss me while I was gone. And is glad I'm back. [Cute side note: one of the guys told me to "drive safe - we want you back."]
17. Manicurist of Seville OPI.
18. Great football. Oh wait. Yeah . .. the big ten hasn't actually been able to get any wins in any of these bowl games - but I have high hopes for the Buckeyes tomorrow night.
19. Good James Patterson novels. And Half Price Books who is keeping me fully stocked.
20. Friends who miss the kelarious blog. Hope this gave you a quick taste of life here in 'Sconnie. [that's a shout-out for you, BV!] I'll try to be better about writing in the new year. That whole move-holiday-thing kinda got me off track. Here's to a fabulous 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment