Friday, December 10, 2010

Too much of this (*SIGH*) and this (ARGH!!!!) tonight

Today was quite a long day.
So long, in fact, that when I got home, after driving in the snow and wondering if I was going to make it up the hill in my car, and realized that I had lost my cell phone, I wanted to have ice cream and wine for dinner.
My cousin's husband suggested I combine the two to create a float.
Since my ice cream is of the French Silk variety, and the wine is a nice blackberry flavor, I opted to not try that concoction, as perfect as it may seem.
Instead I had a frozen dinner.
You know - like any responsible adult should.
Tyson chicken nuggets, mac&cheese and corn.
*Sigh*
It was hot and took 3 1/2 minutes.
And, I'm sure, crazy-full of sodium.
ARGH.
But - Two very kind colleagues searched in the parking lot where I thought I might have lost my phone (I was concerned about getting back on the roads, with them being totally gross and slippery). They rock.
I decided to look again in my bag. Which meant completly emptying it out. For the third time.
It still wasn't there.
And then I checked my car. Again.
It wasn't there either.
ARGH!!!
At that point, the snow and the blowing snow had gone away, and my staff had plowed the road.
So I decided that I needed to go and look myself, if for nothing else, to feel like I had tried everything I could. (See previous "control freak" post).
So I changed out of my comfy jammmies to appropriate 'leaving-the-house-in-the-winter-clothes' (i.e. jeans) and headed out to search.
No luck. Even though I practially uncovered the parking spot my car was parked in.
And retraced my steps back to the main division office.
Slowly.
In the cold.
Do you know how hard it is for me to walk slowly in the cold? Even when motivated by searching for my cell phone?
Very hard.
*sigh*
Needless to say. . . I tried, and failed to complete my mission.
And when I got home I had so much snow on my jeans that I had to deposit them at my front door with my boots. Classy.
I am still sans cell phone.
*sigh* and ARGH!

And as I was reading my new book (The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) before bedtime, it dawned on me- I have no form of alarm clock.
None.
Well, none that doesn't involve another human being.
*sigh*
So . . . should I call someone and ask them to wake me up? Oh wait. I don't have a phone.
Well, I do, I guess, in my apartment. But I don't have any phone numbers. Nor do I know the number on this landline. [Mental note - this is a model apartment, but can be used, when not filled with the director, for crisis-moves. Might need to put the number on the acutal phone because no one will know the actual number.]
And even if I did - who do I call to trust that they would get me up at the appropriate time in the morning, knowing that no doubt, this person would be in a different time zone.
Though I thought about emailing one of my administrative staff folks - who get in the office pretty early.
But at this point, I think I'm going to leave that fodder for another day for them. They'll soon enough have dirt on me - I don't need this kind of shite this early in the job.
So. Here's to hoping that i'll wake up with enough time to get ready for my budget meeting at 9am.
Oh wait. I'm an insomniac.
Done.
*sigh*
See? Lots of it going on . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment