Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stories from South Africa

Yesterday I was in a meeting with my managers and some of the assistant managers, one of whom I hadn't seen since I have been back from my trip. At the beginning of the meeting, he said "How was South Africa?". Which, on it's own, is a completely normal question.
But it stumped me and caused me to pause.
Because I had forgotten I had gone.
Even though I had arrived back exactly a week earlier.
For Pete's sake. [Not to be confused with Peter's sake . . . who turned 1 today - Hooray!] But I digress.
But  I have been ridiculously busy at work mucking around with budgets and projects and hiring and in my non-work hours I have been researching places to live.
And feeling quite dejected about it. But that's a whole other post.
That I don't think I want to write. I've lived through the dejected-ness, and I'm not sure I want to choose to go back to that place. Because it sucks.
And I'm digressing again.

So.
Last night, after deciding that I don't give a shite where I live, and thinking that perhaps that wasn't the best frame of mind to be in for searching for a place to stay, decided that I should take a break from my craigslist search, and share some pictures from my trip.
Appease the masses, if you will.
So I uploaded pictures from my Glen Afric Game drive, where I got to walk with elephants. It was pretty damn cool.

And the entire drive was probably 2 hours on Wedensday the 24th. So there are a few more pictures, and of course, stories that go along with them. But of course the Strategic (yep - can't get away from our strengths) planner in me wants to frame the stories in a way that makes sense. Since I won't be just typing up the daily diary.
That's no fun.
But it does make this a bit challenging.
So I thought perhaps I would start with lessons learned.
For the next post.
ha ha.
:)
Gotta always leave them wanting more . . . . or something like that. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment