Saturday, November 13, 2010

Winning Small Battles

Since I moved here, a mere 10 days ago, I have been on a search for one item integral to my life.
Cream for my coffee.
International Delight, Chocolate Caramel, to be exact.
I have visited five different grocery stores to find this damn cream.
In the meantime, I have purchased two other flavors, from two different brands.
Both suck.
I'm sure they're great for other people, but  . . . well . . . I like what I like.
I'm a creature of habit.
And amidst all of this other change in my life, I need some consistency.
And decent cream for my coffee.
Coffee, which is imperative to my brain functioning at the level it's needed to this week.
So, until now, I've had to suck it up and have mediocre coffee.
But . . . no more!
Success!
After finding a Chipotle (also a major feat), and satisfying a 3-day craving for some chicken tacos, I also decided to venture to find a Half-Price Books. Which had a Copps grocery store next to it. I figured, "what the hell, I might as well pop in". And low and behold . . .
International Delight, Chocolate Caramel Creamer.
In the gallon-sized container, no-less.
Praise the freaking Lord!
Seriously, people. I'm so sick of looking for this I contemplated stocking up.
On cream.
For my coffee.
As a reminder, I am soon to leave the country for 12 days.
But that's beside the point.
At least for the next 3, while I'm here, life can go back to some semblance of normalcy.
I can make a cup, or two or three, of coffee in the morning.
And enjoy it.
Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahhaa.....

    I was starting to worry about you and your ability to function in a new world without said creamer.
    Hooray for more little victories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? It really is all about the little things!

    ReplyDelete