Friday, December 30, 2011

My baby sister: All Wholesome and Shit

While home for the holidays, some of my fam and I attempted to watch The Change-Up, a comedy with Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman.
It’s not even remotely a holiday film.
In fact, it was pretty bad.
So bad, we stopped watching it.
Probably not soon enough.
We might have even traumatized my mother.
The best part happened later, when we were getting ready to go to bed.

Scene: All tucked in our beds

Me, randomly, to my sister: I can’t believe you made mom watch that terrible movie!

Sister: What? You said it was good! (I had dozed through the flick late the night before. When asked for an assessment earlier in the day, I might have given it a “good” rating.)

Me: I don’t know what kinds of movies you like. You rented it.

Sister: I don’t watch THOSE kinds of movies! I watch movies that are PG – not R!!!! I watch Santa Buddies – that’s rated G!!!!!

Me: Burst into hysterical laughter, followed by tears and a mega-coughing fit. Which I attempted to remedy with some magic cough syrup and my inhaler for my ‘sensitive’ lungs. And then promptly got out my notebook to write that quote down. [And, because I'm a good sister, asked Hunter for permission to share her hilarious comment with the blogosphere. You're welcome.]

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment