Monday, October 10, 2011

For the Love of Fall

What’s not to love?


Cooler temperatures - It's not too hot, and it's not too cold. Perfect weather for my favorite pair of black boots. And jeans. Add a light jacket and life is good.


Apple  cider – hot OR cold – it’s delicious either way.


A little candy corn. Yum. Those little bits of sugar just scream Autumn! 


Gorgeous colors abound.         



The crunch of leaves on a sidewalk.


Piles of leaves (that you don’t have to rake) that are big enough to jump in.

Oh? And speaking of piles of leaves?

This.


I.LOVE.THIS.PICTURE.


Yes, that is a small child screaming her fool head off, probably scared to death of those ginormous turkeys. That small girl is my sister, and she’s now a perfectly competent (seemingly unscarred) grown adult (who just celebrated her 31st birthday!). She is well aware of my obsession with this photo. [Which is to say, I don’t feel bad publicly sharing this photo. If she had a fear of large birds, I might think twice. Maybe.] I don’t necessarily have her permission to share it on the blog, but . . . well . . . it is her birthday! J Happy Birthday, Penny!

And Happy Fall to the rest of you!


Side Note: In case you’re wondering, most of these pictures are taken from my tour last week of the Lakeshore Nature Preserve. Love that I’m surrounded by this beauty every day!

3 comments:

  1. 1. this picture looks like it is from a lot earlier than the 70's.
    2. hahahahahahaha
    3. ha
    4. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love fall! and, how funny is that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I am just NOW seeing this photo was posted...a year and a half later? It's ok, I know you love it. It is pretty funny really. I have to say, for public record, it was definitely taken in the 1980's :)

    ReplyDelete