Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Birthday Highlights

A couple of weeks ago I turned another year older.
I was quite lucky, and got to spend some quality time over the long weekend with friends in Columbus that I miss quite a lot.
We kicked off the weekend at the Wine Bistro, where I got to see a lot of folks. There wasn't enough time to really talk with everyone as much as I wanted to . . . but it was so great to see many of my favorite peeps.

I also got to participate in my first Bey Blade Battle.


Wondering what the hell a Bey Blade is? So was I. Since December. And now I finally understand.
They're tops.
It doesn't matter how many times Krystyne tried to describe them to me, it didn't work. 
NOW I get it.

I also got to build a Magna-Tile Tower. [I might want some of these. They're way cooler than the Lincoln Logs I grew up with!]

Until my buddy Benny took it down.


And after some delicious cake, I was serenaded by two cute boys with Firework by Katy Perry. It's too bad I don't have any clear photos or a video, because it was pretty freaking adorable.

You can read more about it and see some better pics from my Savvy friends HERE.

When I returned home, I also felt the love from my staff. Who decorated both of my offices.

They rock.
It's great to celebrate another year with old friends, and to come home to new ones.

p.s. I forgot to mention that I talked with my awesome friend VKR, shared that for my birthday he had ordered fireworks to be set off all around the country. Just for me. Wasn't that nice of me to share them with the rest of you? He good friend.

2 comments:

  1. the more impressive the build, the more that kid wants to tear it down!
    hooray for bday fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And who can blame him? It sounds cool when you crash it down, and then they look pretty strewn all over the floor. I'm sure that's it . . .

    ReplyDelete