Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Holy SHITE that was Loud

I guess it’s supposed to be.

The fire alarm went off in my building tonight.
The one I live in, not the one I work in.
While I couldn’t tell if this was from someone’s terrible cooking or an actual fire, the horrifically loud fire alarm was enough to get me to leave my apartment. (I do understand that this is the point of said noise, and appreciate that I should be able to wake up to this monstrosity-of-audibleness).

Except I would need to change into appropriate leave-the-house-type-clothing.
Which is really annoying, and involved, essentially, re-dressing.
Made more complicated because earlier I decided to start some laundry, which included what I was wearing today. So I had to find a clean outfit.

And a bra.

What?

We’re all adults here.

And you know that if you wear one, you probably do the same thing.

Side note: I feel pretty confident that most women I know get home at the end of the work day, and if they don’t put on pajamas immediately, their bra is probably the first to go [If you have one that isn’t, I’d love a recommendation.] Because frankly, they’re mostly uncomfortable. Which is why these infomercials for the New! Comfortable! Amazing! Fill-in-the-name-here bras do intrigue me. But I refuse to spend $60 on an ugly sports bra, so I guess I’m left to wonder how amazing they really are. But I digress . . .

So. After hunting for appropriate outdoor clothes and debating about whether or not to take my bowl of cereal with me (I chose instead to shove as much as I could into my face, for fear it would get soggy), I left the apartment and the loud noise to join the few of my other neighbors on the sidewalk.


To wait, like good little doobies. Because while it is loud and annoying, I also believe in following these kinds of rules.

And for our good behavior?

We had a troop of cute firemen.
Sorry I didn’t get a picture. You know I thought about it.

2 comments:

  1. oh my, this takes me back to the first r.hall i lived in with pt. the alarms were PAINFUL they were so loud, and the freshmen pulled them constantly, in the middle of the night. serious test of our marriage, i tell ya! but at least the firemen are cute, and i got the first call when it was ok to go back in.
    hope you don't have to hear yours very often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully, you had the cute firemen. And yes. We know you thought about it. hahaha hilarious.

    ReplyDelete